- The materials on this site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied.
- Contents of this site are not guaranteed to be reliable, correct, current, or complete.
- Information on this website may not be construed to offer any kind of investment advice or recommendations.
- Under no circumstances will the owner/operators of this website be held responsible for damages related to its contents.
- Proprietary material and intellectual content presented on this website are intended for the private use of site
visitors. They may not be copied, reproduced, or otherwise disseminated without the prior written consent.
This Site is for your personal use only. You may not distribute, exchange,
modify, sell, or transmit anything you copy from this Site for any business,
commercial, or public purpose. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form
or medium without expressed written permission from Kenneth Massey is strictly
prohibited. Any illegal reproduction is a criminal act and may constitute
payment of up to $150,000 damages and, in some cases, imprisonment of up to
1 year as shown by Title 17 of the United States Code. By entering the Site
you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions of Use, and Kenneth Massey
grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to enter,
display, use, and link to this Site.
For purposes of site management, we may monitor http activity and request browser cookies.
Under no circumstance will any user names, email addresses, or other
information be shared or sold to third parties. Any personal information
collected will be kept strictly private and secure
for the intended purpose of communication with site users.
Over the years, this hobby has brought me in contact with many
smart and generous people who have been a great help
in producing the Massey Ratings. When giving credit, one
always runs the risk of omission. With that in mind, here is an incomplete
list of some of the sources, collaborators, and other individuals
to whom I owe a debt of gratitude.
- Virginia Tech: an excellent university where I learned a lot
- Carson-Newman: the college where I teach and work with great colleagues
- BCS Buds: Jeff Anderson, Richard Billingsley, Wes Colley, John Duck, Chris Hester,
Herman Matthews, David Rothman, Jeff Sagarin, Peter Wolfe
- Alden Starnes: statistics professor, thesis advisor, and good friend
- Tunc Gokmen - European league collaborator
- Mark Hopkins - ranking theory
- Jason Massey - my brother and sports nut who helps collect data
- Stuart Mease - promoter, VT insider, and elementary school basketball teammate
- High school contacts: Ned Freeman, Michelle Hillison, Ed McAllister, Barrett Murphy, Andy Rhinehart, Sheldon Shealor
- Eugene Potemkin, Eduardo Sauceda - early collaboration on rating systems
- Paul Reeths - helping MR partner with oursportscentral.com
- Chuck Taylor - graphics specialist
- David Wilson - posted my first rankings on the web in 1995
- Donors, subscribers, and clients who financially support the site.
- Random message board posters who have helped me solve computer / coding problems
Massey Ratings provides high school football, basketball, and baseball computer ratings,
predictions, and bracket analysis
to USA Today High School Sports
Massey Ratings is the exclusive provider of computerized ratings
for OurSports Central,
your home for major league coverage of independent and minor league sports.